Tuesday, June 17, 2014

First Run Back

I originally told Ryan I was planning to take two weeks off after TARC, but you know, we all have to eat our words sometimes :-) Plus, after a few days of having incredibly painful quads and hobbling around, the legs came around fairly quickly and the exhaustion wore off.  So, this morning, I got up and headed out the door a few minutes before 6am for a short 3 mile run around the block. And I have to say, things felt pretty good. A bit of rust, and a definite bit of 'still tired' in the legs, but nothing hurt and I was happy to be out. The deep pink swamp laurel is blooming along the powerlines, and the blackberry brambles are covered with white flowers. Saw a pair of gray catbirds among the grasses and a hawk sitting on the telephone wire, serenely surveying the brush below.

No comments: