Monday, February 10, 2014

Heath Snowshoe Run

It's no secret that I really enjoy just plain running better than snowshoe running, but there is a reason to have snowshoes for running and today seemed like a good day to use them. With the 2" of new snow last night atop the snow from last week, it seemed silly to not get out and tromp in the snow, so today's plan was for a happy snowshoe run. Luckily the snowmobilers had been out over the weekend, so the powerlines and up to the Mt. Ararat summit was relatively packed. From there, I took the groomed XC trails along the back hill and out to the end of hole #3, where I crossed the road to run a loop around the Heath. The Heath had seen some good traffic, and so it was just plain great snowshoeing. I took my time and enjoyed it. On the way back, I took a slightly different route on the other side of the golf course and then through the woods along the Mt. Ararat trails. I got in 4.5 miles, about 3.6 of which were actually on snowshoes - I don't think the .4 out and .5 back on the roads running with snowshoes in my hands counts as true snowshoe running, do you? ;) Ha. Nice day to be out in the woods, for sure!

No comments: