Thursday, March 7, 2013

Solid

Got out on this blustery, cold and overcast morning for 3 1/2 miles. I couldn't quite face doing the Patriot Commons road loop, so I opted to do the short Highland Green loop instead. I wasn't sure what sort of conditions I'd find on the trails given my experience yesterday, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the snow and ice fairly solid, lending itself to pretty decent running. Added in the small woods loop near Mt. Ararat to get in an additional bit of mileage.

Speaking of fairly solid and pretty decent, I'd say that's how I'm feeling too :-) Long run mileage has been slowly ticking upwards the past few weeks, and I was happy to get in a solid back-to-back effort this week without too much mental anguish :-) I'm not running the most, or the fastest, but I'm steadily plugging away and am happy to be feeling pretty good doing it. Planning to get in 5 miles tomorrow to get the weekly mileage up to 40. And with the snowshoe race and the 18-miler, I'll happily call that fairly solid (for me) indeed.

1 comment:

pathfinder said...

sounds very solid to me. I ran yesterday too and the footing was much better