Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blustery 7

Had to do some errands and was meeting my aunt in Portland for lunch, so I planned to meet up with Amy to run a few laps around Back Cove this morning. It was the definition of blustery down there. Whew! We had fun chattering away on the 1st lap, but due to various crazy leaking pipes and a child who randomly decided it would be fun to stay up until 11:00 pm, Amy decided to call it quits when we got back to the parking lot. I couldn't blame her - sometimes a big coffee and some downtime is just the best course of action! I headed out alone for a second loop, and was pretty happy with how I felt given the long and sloppy run on Sunday followed by a day off yesterday. Finished up in 1:00:59, and then got on with the day.

Tomorrow is the last day of my winter downtime - it's back to a 5-day-a-week reality next week. Ah well, such is life. Planning to celebrate the last day of freedom with a sloppy run on the trails around home followed up by cleaning the windows and cleaning out the car! How's that for excitement?! :-)

No comments: