Friday, March 22, 2013

Lacking

Woke up this morning to dreary and overcast skies, snow still on the trails and a sorely lacking motivation to get out and run. I think I was just optimistic that spring was on its way the other week, when it was warm(ish) and sunny and the trails were beginning to return to dirt and mud, and when it snowed Tuesday and got cold again, well, it's just put a bit of a damper on things for me. I'm not opposed to running on the snow but I'd like some dirt running at this point :-) I know March can be a fickle month, and well, this year, it certainly seems to be living up to that moniker!

In any event, got myself out the door for a 3 mile run on the Patriots Commons loop. Wore my Inov-8 road shoes for the first time all winter, and remembered once I was out there that the uppers are very light and breathable, which translated into very cold toes for the first 1/2 of the run. Brr. Today's run got the weekly mileage up to a meager 28.5 miles. Taking tomorrow off and looking forward to a long run with the TMR crew on Sunday for Ian & Emma's Fat Ass run down in Falmouth. Hoping a long trail run with friends, whether on snow or slush or whatever, will get me back into gear again!

3 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Hmmm, let's see... a short run tomorrow, followed by a 20+mile day on Sunday will easily put you over 50 for the week. Not bad at all.

Sparkplug said...

Jamie, I'm one of the odd ones who starts her week on Sundays instead of Monday, mostly because my "weekends" are Sunday & Monday and I like to have those days together as part of my "week." But you're right, if I take the 7-day chunk from Monday through this coming Sunday, things don't look so grim :-) That's what I'm hoping for anyway! See you Sunday!

Jamie Anderson said...

Oh yeah, I forgot that you and Ryan did that. Weirdoes. :-) See you Sunday!