Monday, May 7, 2012

Well...

I got out for a nice run in the Commons this morning. The sun was shining, the air was still a little cool, the birds were singing, the forest floor was awash in greenery, the magenta rhodora were blooming in the pine barren, and I even saw a few lady slippers starting to come out! Hurray!

Sadly, though, my right foot was quite tight and achey during the run, not continually or acutely, but there. I didn't want to be totally stupid, so I cut my run short at 5 miles instead of my hoped-for 12, as it seemed pointless to continue through the pain/tightness. I did some googling of "top of foot pain" when I got back to the parking lot and it is not encouraging. Still, my whole right leg is a bit tight, although whether from compensation from the foot pain or in conjunction with my foot, who knows. I am hoping that this is not a worst case scenario thing, but know I did the right thing stopping, and coming home to ice the foot and rest up. I also put in a call to Dr. Jamie, at Ryan's suggestion, and got an appointment for Wednesday morning. I don't know if he's the right one to talk to, but it can't hurt, and hopefully he will be able to give me some answers or advice. *Sigh* I would be lying if I said I wasn't fairly bummed at the moment, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

6 comments:

middle.professor said...

ruh roh. Top of foot pain could be metatarsal stress fracture. Best of luck.

Scout said...

but, it also could be nerve issues (may not sound like it, but I see that as a better thing). You mention a hip thing. Sometimes I have a nerve that can give pain at my ankle, at my knee, or at the top of my foot. A lot of the time, I figure out that it's the nerve when I realize I'm also experiencing back/hip pain. Hoping it is the least of all the possibilities :)

mindy said...

Hoping it's nothing. Either way, Dr. Jamie will help, glad you are seeing him!

pathfinder said...

I experience top of the foot pain (outside edge) quite often , not always the same foot, but it is irratic and doesn't seem to be anything.......hopefully that is all you have

Sparkplug said...

Jeff, that is what I am afraid of... Hoping it is not though...

Jeremy Bonnett said...

I've found, with my deep tissue therapist at the Sports Therapy Center (I just sent someone there with that kind of pain) that it could also be mostly lower leg exacerbating the top of the foot. Lot's of massaging the entire lower leg, get right in there.

Hope it works out well.