Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cranky

I am not a good injured person. I am feeling very cranky lately... My legs are mad I am not running. My head and heart are mad and sad about the same. Sigh. But I will be a good girl and wait until that first full week of June to run. I did get a leg massage today - ahhh! Boy, were my legs tight. They feel better already. I have another massage scheduled for next week and then on Monday, June 4, I have an appointment with Dr. Jamie, just to make sure things look OK to him before I start slowly back to running. The foot is still a bit tender, but it seems to really be more my legs that are painful at the moment, and hopefully the massage will help that. I am planning on doing a bit of walking next week, for my sanity, to get the blood flowing, and to see how the foot feels when I put a bit of pressure on it. Definitely looking forward to a bit of time in the woods again soon, even if it is just walking!

1 comment:

mindy said...

I don't think any runner is a good injured person :( Hang in there - you are doing all the right things to nip this early and heal up quicker than pushing through. Walking definitely helps take the edge off!