Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Goin' on a Bear Hunt



Goin' on a Bear Hunt

Sunday afternoon, Sam and I were singing "Goin' on a Bear Hunt" and Ryan managed to video part of the song without Sam realizing it and becoming self-conscious. The video cracks me up and I thought it was too cute not to share. Yes, we were being silly and I was making funny faces, and why yes, if you hadn't noticed, my pant legs are covered in stickers :-) but hey, why not?! Many thanks to Kate for teaching us the words to this funny song!

~

In running/injury related news, I had another appointment with Dr. Jamie yesterday morning. My foot was a bit achey after all of Sunday's activities, which had me feeling a bit down, but after poking and prodding and having me do some heel raises and hop on my foot, Dr. Jamie still isn't 100% convinced I have a stress fracture. It may still be related to some tendonitis/tightness/locked joint type thing along the cuboid/cuneiform bones (which seems to be where the most pain/tenderness is, versus down in the long metatarsal bones). He did a few adjustments, and we'll just have to wait and see. If the adjustments from this morning kick in later this week and I will feel better, then hurray! I should be all set - but if it doesn't progress, it is pretty much sure to be a stress fracture. Still, from the amount (or lack) of pain I am having, if it is a stress fracture it appears it is in the very early stages so should heal quite quickly. I wish I had a definitive answer, but oh well. For the time being, I will just wait, and not run, and keep my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

mindy said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! What a totally adorable video - love it! Fingers crossed that the adjustments will help. I seem to remember someone else having a similar problem (Emma?) Like you said, if it is a stress fracture, it's early days and will heal very quickly. Looking forward to catching up soon!

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Ahh speedy recovery, and cute video!

Have you ever used Traumeel (ointment) or Zyflamend (anti-inflamatory pills)?

They work excellent in combination for quick healing.

Tim said...

Love the Bear Hunt! Sorry to hear about the foot. Hope for the best, but some days you get the bear, and the other day the bear gets you...