Saturday, May 12, 2012

Update and a Little Biking

Thinking of all my Trail Monster friends running long this morning and sending happy running vibes to Mindy, Val, Ian, Zak, Chuck and Dave on their 50 miler at Peaks, Jeremy during his 100 Peaks journey and George going after 100 rocky Massanutten miles! Go Trail Monsters go :-)

As for me, despite the fact that is a gorgeous sunshiney day, I am not running. Sam and I did get out for a very short bike ride this morning, though :-) Is she cute, or what?!

Morning bike ride

However, despite the fact that I am not running, I am feeling better. My foot has been feeling better each day, is less swollen, doesn't hurt when I walk, and my whole right leg, thanks to Dr. Jamie, is feeling pretty good. It appears that I have thankfully moved from a stress fracture scare to some sort of tendonitis/imbalance sort of thing, which will hopefully be fairly easily remedied without too much more time off. The shin/calf are still tight though, so I'm headed back to Portland to see Dr. Jamie again on Monday. I'm hoping he thinks things are looking good too, and I'll be back to running soon! With this foot/shin silliness, however, I have decided to be prudent and skip Pineland, no matter what Dr. Jamie says on Monday. It will be there another year, and I'd rather make sure I go into the summer healthy than get in another race this spring. No need to be a hero!

2 comments:

sn0m8n said...

You're already my hero, schmoopie pie cupcake face loveykins.

Jamie Anderson said...

At Ryan: Barf.