Monday, April 30, 2012

Creaky Three

I got out for a short run this morning down in Georgetown. I wasn't sure how the afternoon would go with Sam once we got home (although, knock on wood, she's been asleep for an hour, so I'm not complaining!), and wanted to get my legs moving a bit today, so I figured this morning might be the best time. While Sam and Ryan were eating breakfast with Grampie, I headed out to run the 3 mile loop around their neighborhood. The sun was shining and the air was crisp. The lilacs, both purple and white, were in full bloom, as were the dogwoods and the fruit trees (crab apples?). There was even some honeysuckle blooming by the edge of the road! And of course, the poison ivy was going gangbusters. There was so much of it that it made me want to get home and hop in a bath of Tecnu, even though I know I didn't touch any of it. Ewwww! Makes me itch just thinking of all that nastiness growing away unchecked. In any event, the legs felt C-R-E-A-K-Y, but nothing hurt. I was just stiff, as is to be expected. I think it was good to get some blood flowing, but will definitely be taking it easy for the rest of the week.




3 comments:

Scout said...

way to get back out there. I think it is the best thing to get things moving. you must be smiling with each creak :)

Tim said...

Congratulations on your race! Love the description of spring(miss all the bloomin' bits) and definitely agree about the poison ivy...

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys :-)