Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easy Miles

I didn't run yesterday. Since I'm not trying to cram in the miles this week, I had the chance to skip running through the deluge and I took it. I think I actually needed the rest. I was tired. And creaky. And slightly cranky. A good night's sleep would likely resolve all this quite easily, but Sam is apparently not into that at the moment, and has been waking up every few hours the past few nights because, and I quote, "I need to see my mama." Very sweet but not at 9:30, 11:30, 12:30, 2:20 and 5:00am. Sigh.

I got in a mellow 4 miles this morning, and felt a little better. I'm still tired (see above) but the legs are a bit less creaky, and I didn't feel quite as on edge. I'm hoping I get at least one good night's sleep this week and that the rest of it is just taperitis, and I'll feel snappy and happy on Saturday! Well, if not, I guess I'll just have to fake it :-)

No comments: