Friday, April 13, 2012

Flat

I headed out on the powerlines to run the extended 6-mile Homeplace loop after dropping Sam off at daycare. It was a nice morning to be out, the bird were singing, it was warm and sunny, and when I stopped in the woods about a mile into the run to pee, I noticed a small patch of trailing arbutus blooming! Already?! Wow. I love this dainty little plant, trailing along the ground, its green leaves staying green although the winter, the little pink and white flowers that are some of the first of the wildflowers to bloom in the woods. So pretty.

The two slight downsides of today's run were that 1) the legs felt a bit flat and just seemed a bit heavy; and 2) The connector trail from the powerlines to the fun little stretch of singletrack in the woods along Homeplace was blocked off. The trail goes right along the edge of someone's property, and I guess he had decided enough was enough. Boo. I could probably have snuck through, being as I was on foot and not on a machine, but I didn't want to be a total jerk about it, so I ran the stretch of road instead. Definitely not as nice. Oh well. If I end up running out around the dump, I can still access this trail from the other side, at least, but it's still too bad.

Planning to get in a short run tomorrow, and then looking forward to running with all our Trail Monster friends at Mindy's Russian Easter run on Sunday!

No comments: