Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Well...

...about that plan for 15 miles today... not so much... I woke up this morning with a splitting headache and a child who had been up every few hours during the night coughing. Poor little thing (and me too!). I wish Sam was old enough for cough syrup, but I think we have another few years to go until we can use it. Ah well. She still has antibiotics in her system from operation attempt-to-get-rid-of-the-fluid-in-her ears, but I doubt this is anything but a cold/cough that just needs to work its way through her system. It seems to be going around her room at daycare. She perked up once we got moving this morning, so I'm sure she will be fine. A cough is always rough at night when you are lying down.

In any event, while I realize that not every run can be ideal, I hate to set myself up for a bad long run, so I decided once again to mess with the plan, and ended up just getting in a slow 5 miles down to the river and back today. The 15 will have to be tomorrow. Third try's a charm, right? Well, it has to get done, so tomorrow it will, no matter how the night goes. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that tonight we can all get a more restful night's sleep! :-)

4 comments:

Scout said...

It's so hard when the little one is sick :( I hope that Sam feels better quickly (I am pretty sure she old enough for Robitussin, but not sure it actually does anything). The coughing probably has its function (so bad it robs everyone of sleep, though)....hang in there!!!

mindy said...

Hope Sam is feeling better...I know nothing about kids and meds other than when Tuttle needs a pill, I stuff it in cheese. Guessing that might be different for humans.... I know you'll fit that run in - great that you can switch your schedule as needed! Hang in there!

Tim said...

Hope you're all feeling better. I've been enjoying your blogs quietly. Curious what race you are training for? Enjoy the spring!

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys!

Luckily, we had a better night last night and all got some much needed sleep. Hearing Sam cough is the worst. She just gets so upset when she coughs, and then she coughs because she's upset, and round and round. Ah well. It will run its course.

Mindy, amazingly, Sam is really good about taking her medicine so there is no need for cheese :-)

Hi Tim! Good to hear from you! I had originally intended to train through the winter for the Pineland 50 miler, but haven't quite gotten in the volume of training I had hoped for. So I decided to just focus on a race I had signed up for back in January - the TARC 50k, which is April 28. (http://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=14908). I'm thinking Pineland 50 is unlikely at this point, but I will get in a 50 sometime!