Friday, October 1, 2010

Stir Crazy

I've been trying to be nice to my leg this week, and haven't run since Saturday! Aside from our nice walk at Bradbury on Sunday, all I've been doing is stretching, rolling, doing strengthening exercises, push-ups (Up to 13 now! Woohoo! I can do more than Ryan!!) and sit-ups. While this is all well and good, it is not running. And it has been driving me crazy! So, this morning, after I dropped Sam off at daycare, I hurried home so that I could get in a short 3 mile run before work. It was incredibly muggy and hot. I was drenched by the time I finished the run, and I was only out there for 24:34. What weird weather. Hopefully once this tropical storm rolls through, we'll be back to the crisp fall weather we all love! The run was fine but not stellar. I was a bit creaky, which isn't surprising, given that I haven't run for 5 days, and the left leg wasn't perfect, with a few twinges here and there, but boy, was it nice to be out running! I really wish I wasn't having this odd issue with my leg at this point, but what can you do? I am just going to continue to work on it and get in as much running as I can without feeling like I'm pushing it too much. Looking forward to getting back out there tomorrow morning, and praying that the forecast for 50 degree weather and sunshine at 8am is right! :-)

In Sam news, last night, when I picked her up from daycare, she spent the whole ride home (which is only a few miles, but takes a while due to lights and traffic at that time of day) putting the palm of her hand over her open mouth and making a sort of 'woo woo woo' sound effect. She was doing it this morning too. I have no idea where she picked it up?! Too funny!

No comments: