Thursday, October 14, 2010

39 and 5

It was 39 degrees this morning when we came downstairs. Brrr! Fall is here, with crisp, cool mornings and warm, sunny afternoons. And I love it!

I didn't manage to run the past two days. Tuesday was a planned day off but I really meant to run yesterday. However, Sam is teething and isn't sleeping well at all, so there is even less predictability to her morning wake-up. Gone (at least for now) are the nights where she would wake up once in the middle of the night and then again to eat around 5am, followed by going back to sleep for a few hours. Right now that sounds like heaven! Instead, this week, she's been waking every few hours and then is up for good between 6:00 and 6:30am. Yes, I could get up and out the door at 5am before she wakes up for the day, but man, this teething stuff is making me tired! And while I did entertain thoughts of a quick run last night after putting her to bed, that went out the window after a meal of turkey meatloaf, potatoes and acorn squash with Sam and Ryan at 5:30 right when I got home from work. It was tasty, but sat in my stomach, and made a run sound less than appealing. So, I got a few things crossed off my 'to do' list last night instead, and just made sure I got out there today! Hey, you do what you can.

After dropping Sam off at daycare, I shot home and headed out for the 5-mile Highland Green loop. Wore tights, long sleeves and gloves, but was able to take off the gloves a few miles in. It really was nice out with the sun warming things up as I ran along. Felt good to get out, and while I didn't feel like I was working too hard, I managed to finish the loop in 40:40. And now it's time to work.

No comments: