Sunday, October 10, 2010

Five, Eleven and A Party!

Eleven years ago today, Ryan and I were married in the Bowdoin chapel on a beautiful fall day, in front of our family and friends. This year, as with last year, our anniversary was every so slightly overshadowed by Sam's birthday, but that's OK :-) We certainly understand that she is much more exciting than we are! But regardless, happy anniversary Ryan! I couldn't ask for a better husband and best friend :-)

To celebrate, we snuck out for a mellow five mile run through the Commons together after Sam went down for her morning nap. Thanks to Irene, Dana, Phyllis and Ted for hanging out with Sam while we were gone! We appreciated the chance to get in a run together through the quiet woods on a crisp October morning before the chaos of the rest of the day began.

And by chaos, I mean Sam's birthday party :-) I don't think the house has ever been so full or so loud! My parents, Ryan's parents, his grandparents, Kristen and Morgan, Susie, Lillie and Mim, along with Nate, Shannon, Finley and Charlotte joined in on the fun and we had a grand old time. Sam had a blast playing with the other kids, and opening and playing with all of her wonderful presents (thanks everyone!). However, she was less than excited about the cake... What kid doesn't like birthday cake?! Apparently, ours :-) 

Happy Birthday Sam!

Birthday girl

Hmmm, do I like this?

Gigi wants in on the fun :-)

I love my play house!
It was a great day, and it was wonderful to have everyone here to celebrate Sam's first birthday with us. Thanks everyone! But now, I'm tired and about to go to bed :-)

2 comments: