Friday, October 22, 2010

More Threes

This is turning into a week of threes.

I ran the 3-mile Highland Green route yesterday and felt great. It was a beautiful fall morning, crisp and clear, but I was still able to wear shorts. Perfect. I wished I had had more time and been able to keep running! But alas, work called and I had to stop.

I had plans to run 6 miles this morning, but it was not meant to be. Sam had a really rough night last night - up at 11:30 to eat, then again at 2:30 and 3:30, at which point she was not hungry but was obviously in a bit of pain from teething, and then again at 5:00 screaming bloody murder for 45 minutes or so. At that point, I finally gave her some motrin. Poor girl! She seems to be having a rough go of it with the teething. I am thinking (hoping!) that she is getting in a number of teeth all at once - after all, she only has 1 1/2 teeth! - and that is why she is feeling it so much. Ronnie was very upset Sam was crying so much, so then he was yeowling in the bathroom after she finally fell asleep. Aie. I contemplated just getting up for the day at that point, but did lie back down, and low and behold, when I woke up next it was 7:40! And Sam was still asleep. Wow. She ended up sleeping until 8:00, and woke up happy as a clam. The late wake-up meant we didn't get to daycare until late, and by then, I just didn't have enough time for any more than another 3-miler. Oh well, three is better than none!

I'll try to squeeze in another 3 before Ryan heads off for the Wolfe's Neck 5k tomorrow morning and I head to work. Like I said, it's the week of threes... :-)

No comments: