Saturday, October 2, 2010

Splashing Through the Puddles

With all the rain we had yesterday, I knew this morning's run would be a wet one. And that was ok with me! I figured I would take advantage of the puddles and wear my new Inov-8 282s in an attempt to get them a little muddy. It didn't quite work, as there was more water than mud on the powerlines, but it was still fun to spend my run this morning stomping through the puddles :-) I headed out after feeding Sam breakfast (Pears and toast - there must be toast! She loves her carbs, just like her mom :-) ), around 7:45. It was in 52 degrees, the sun was shining, the sky was blue, there was a nice breeze blowing and the air was crisp and dry - perfect! I did the 5 mile Homeplace loop, enjoying the colors of the turning leaves, the flitting of the sparrows and juncos in and out of the bushes, and the contrast of the maroon brambles and golden ferns with the purple asters along the way. Very pretty. Felt pretty good too, which helped :-)

1 comment:

chris mcpeake said...

sounds like it was a great run.