Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Test

Yesterday and today were my big test. Could I make it alone through 1) the day with Sam, 2) the evening with Sam, 3) the night with Sam, 4) get out the door to work with her in the morning, and finally 5) survive at least until mid-afternoon at work with her?

I knew I could handle the day along with her. We had a fine time yesterday hanging out, doing some tummy time (She is getting strong and can raise her head up and shift it from side to side too. Yes, she is sooo advanced!), taking a nice afternoon walk, sleeping a bit (for Sam) and relaxing on the couch. She is definitely more alert and active these days. We are also being rewarded with a smile back at us from time to time, which is adorable! Of course, she is also still losing her hair in a rather haphazard fashion, but she is gaining some beautiful eyelashes as part of the deal, so perhaps it is evening out?! :-)


Smile!

The early evening went as well as could be expected, as that time of night is definitely her fussy time and she is a bit of a challenge, but the big kicker was that she did not want to go down to sleep! Ugh. I ended up bringing up the bouncy chair and putting her to sleep in that. I know as she gets older, she'll have to learn to go to sleep in her bed on her own, but for now, all I wanted was to get some rest!

And work, well, I'm still getting the hang of getting up to and being at the gallery with her. She was very good today, and we lasted until around 3:15pm, which was about what I was hoping for. As we move forward, the plan is for her to be up there with me for the 2 days a week I'll be working in December, and then the 3 days a week we're open from January into March. So, I have to get used to it, but it's definitely a juggling act. Luckily it's quiet through the winter so hopefully it juggling paying attention to Sam and getting a bit of work done won't be too much of a problem! I can hope anyway!!

2 comments:

pathfinder said...

She is beautiful!!

middle.professor said...

Sam must be looking at some of those fine landscapes on the gallery wall!