Monday, November 9, 2009

One Month

Samantha is one month old today. Amazing! It seems both like we've had her forever and that time has flown by and this month has passed so quickly. Somehow I think this trend will continue, and we'll be saying this again and again as time passes and new milestones are reached. She had her one month appointment this morning, and she is up to 7 pounds 15 ounces and 21" inches. This puts her in the 50th percentile for height and the 25th for weight. She is also losing some of her dark hair (or as Ryan puts it so nicely, she is getting power alleys in the front!) and also has a case of baby acne. Poor little one. Ah well, we still think she is a beautiful child, even if she is going through 'an ugly phase' :-)

She is definitely changing - following objects with her eyes, focusing more on our faces, giving us what seem like little smiles here and there. She seems to be getting pretty strong too, holding her head up for good stretches when we hold her upright by our shoulders and lifting her head off the mat during 'tummy time.' She also graced us with great night last night. I fed her at 9pm, and she didn't wake up again until 3:00am! Hurray! This meant we actually got to sleep for over 5 hours. I feel almost human again :-) Of course, prior to Sam's birth, 5 hours of sleep would not be cause for celebration, but hey, I'll take what I can get at this point!

In other news, it was yet another gorgeous day today. I have never been all that fond of November, as it tends to be a bit dreary as the leaves fall off the trees and the days get cold and dark with the time change. However, I must admit that this year, the month has been pretty nice, and I've been fully enjoying this warmer weather! Now, I do want us to have winter eventually, but I'll take an extension of this warmer early fall weather into late November with no hesitation! After Sam's doctor's appointment, she and I headed across the street for a walk. It was so warm, I almost immediately shed my long sleeve top and was comfortable in tights and short sleeves. I'll take it! I have been feeling good and strong, and am counting down the days until my 6-week appointment next Friday. You had better believe I'll be out for a run that next morning!

1 comment:

Scout said...

Another myth, the Gerber baby. They don't really warn you about the baby acne and the less cute stuff. I'm sure Sam is still adorable and will pass this stage quickly. I'd even forgotten they went thru that!