Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2 and 3

Yesterday Sam and I got out for a 2-mile walk on yet another nice day. It was a bit cooler than Monday, but I still shed my long-sleeve shirt partway through the walk. The B.O.B. is a nifty contraption, and I appreciate that it allows me to get out when I can't leave Sam behind. And I am sure once I'm back running, it will be a good resistance workout as well!

Today, I asked Ryan if he would mind watching Sam while I got in a 3 mile walk. I headed out on the powerlines to do what Ryan has deemed "The Suck Loop." I must admit I did not think of it as sucky today, probably because I haven't run the loop since August, and because I was just enjoying being out on my own on a longer walk. It was a bit chilly with the wind, but the downed leaves crunched beneath my feet, the chickadees chirped in the trees and the sun was out, so all in all, a pretty nice November afternoon. The loop took me 43:00 to walk, and I was walking at as fast a clip as I could. Man, it takes so much longer to walk things than to run them! However, I felt strong as I strode along (and even took a few running steps at one point, but only to cross the street quickly, I swear!) and am really looking forward to running more than a few steps by the end of next week!

3 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Very cool you'll be running again real soon!

pathfinder said...

You know sometimes a walk can be much more scenic and enjoyable than a run.

Sparkplug said...

Kevin, I have actually really enjoyed my walks, and agree that walking can be just as nice as running or even nicer depending! But that being said, I'm looking forward to that wonderful exertion of running again, and to hopefully running with all the TMR at some point too!