Friday, November 20, 2009

6 Weeks

I had my 6-week appointment today. Things are healing up fine and I've been given the green light to do what I want to do provided I feel good. So, I am back to running officially :-) Hurray! Also am back to just 5 pounds above my weight at the beginning of the pregnancy, so I won't complain about that either!

Sam and I got a walk in yesterday afternoon while Ryan was down in Boston for the Boston Ski Show for work, and today I went for a run. I had intended to get out after I fed Sam at 6am, but it was still dark and I was tired, so I crawled back into bed instead. A little extra sleep these days is always a good thing :-) I woke up at 8am and after feeding #2, got dressed, ate a quick snack and headed out the door to run the same loop I ran on Sunday. Of course, by that point it was raining. Oh well. Luckily, it was warm, so the rain and wind didn't feel too bad. I did feel like I was working a bit harder than during Sunday's run, but perhaps part of that was doing battle with the wind both heading out on the powerlines and coming back on the road. I returned soggy but happy, having finished the 3.0 miles in 29:48 (I wore the Garmin this time out of curiosity to both confirm the loop's distance and my pace), and feeling like a runner again having gotten out despite the rain and wind :-)

In other news, Ryan took my car down to Boston, so the B.O.B., which has been living in the back of the car, has been parked in the entry way the past few days. Both Ronnie and Gigi have taken a liking to it, with Gigi curling up in the storage basket below the seat, and Ronnie settling down right in the seat, ready to go for a ride!


I'm ready, are you?

No comments: