Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lazy Week

It was a bit of a lazy week running-wise, due to both the weather and being tired. After such a great run on Sunday with Snowman and Meghan, my run on Tuesday was blah. I had to stop and walk for a 1/4 mile around 2.5 miles - ugh. Today's run went better, and I got in 4 miles out in Highland Green, to round out the week at 10 miles. Not my best week ever, but at least I'm still in the double digits :-)

I am officially now into the third semester, with 28 weeks down and 12 to go. At last week's check-up, I had to take the glucose test (man... that stuff they made me drink was sickly sweet!), and passed with room to spare, my numbers coming in at 97, when the doctors want you to be below 130. Hurray. I am not anemic. The little lady's heart beat was strong. Then there's the fact that according to the doctor's scale I have gained 17 pounds! 17! Where are they? That seems like a lot. I have definitely been getting bigger over the past few weeks, and of course the baby is too, and so some of the weight is there. I guess the rest is in my boobs, butt and thighs. Oh well. The doctor seemed pleased with my weight gain, but it is a bit unsettling to have the scale read so high! I am just not used to it. But it is part of the process, I realize, so I'm trying to go with it :-)

In other news, little Gigi kitty is growing like a weed! Here she is stretched out across Ronnie's perch by the window this morning. So cute... but such a little menace :-)

No comments: