Monday, July 6, 2009

Hurray for the Sun!

It felt like summer today! It was sunny. And warm. In fact, after all this dreary, rainy, damp weather, it felt downright hot. Of course, we didn't help matters by doing our run at noon. Snowman yet again nicely accompanied me, despite my slow pregnant lady pace. We headed to the Commons, where luckily most of the run was done in the shade. However, I still managed to drain all the gatorade in my hand-held bottle and work up a sweat!

I am sure the heat had something to do with my extra-slow pace, but I also am certainly feeling bigger. As Snowman's mom said yesterday, you are definitely pregnant now! Yes, the stomach is finally sticking out more than the boobs :-)

Flora and fauna notes: The woods were pretty quiet being the middle of the day, but we were treated to a sighting of a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers flying from one tree to the next in the woods. Neat! Perhaps there is a nest in the area?!

1 comment:

mindy said...

I'm so psyched (and in awe, but not surprised) that you are still out there running - so awesome!!! Who needs a carseat, the Little Lady will be ready to run home from the hospital!