Sunday, October 26, 2008

Stomping Through Puddles

We both slept in today - I didn't get out of bed until 8:40! Practically unheard of, but then I didn't get into bed until 11:30pm last night, which is way past my bedtime. We had a fun time at the Telluride Film Festival yesterday- they showed some interesting films and we had fun chatting in between with Ian, Mindy, Pete et al - but it was a late night (for me, anyway!)

After a yummy breakfast of eggs and homefries and a few chores, we headed over to Bradbury for an afternoon run. With all our marathon training, we hadn't been over to run on the trails in a long while, and it was nice to get back there. We had some serious rain last night, but the skies had cleared by mid-afternoon and it was warm. 62 or 63 degrees. The parking lot was pretty full when we arrived, with a number of people out taking advantage of a beautiful late October day. We headed out to run the 6-mile Scuffle course. The trails were a bit trickier than usual, as they were covered with leaves and also pretty muddy and wet from the rain. After trying to dodge the puddles for the first 1/2 mile or so, I just gave in and decided to stomp right through. What fun :-) But some of the puddles were pretty deep! Needless to say, my legs were covered with mud when we finished the run.

The run went well. I felt good, and although we kept a pretty mellow pace for most of the way, helped in part by the terrain, Snowman was still convinced I was pushing it towards the end. Oh well. I tried. We ended up cutting off the last stretch of the Scuffle course and came in on the Link Trail, giving us something like 5.75 miles in 1:00. Perfect.

No comments: