Saturday, October 25, 2008

Recovery Zone

Still in the recovery zone. Meaning things are pretty quiet around here.I did go out for a 3 mile run this morning. As I crested the powerlines by Highland Green Road a little after 7:30am, there was a nice thin line of pink along the horizon. Pretty. The run went well, although it seemed I may have been working a bit hard for the time the run took. I guess the body is still a bit tired, which I suppose is to be expected.

Hoping to get in a very mellow 6/7 mile run either tomorrow or Monday, depending on the weather. In doing a bit of research on post-marathon recovery/training, I found Hal Higdon's "post marathon" plan, and am loosely following it. The "plan" calls for an hour-long run on Sunday, and that seems about right. I've really enjoyed being able to go out and run for an hour or an hour and a half and feel comfortable. Definitely don't want to lose that feeling!

In other news, we're headed to Portland for the Telluride Film Fest tonight, and plan to meet up with Mindy and Pete, and Ian and Emma. Should be fun!

No comments: