Thursday, October 2, 2008

Rain and New Shoes

Another soggy morning run this morning. I headed out at 7am from the field house into the Commons. Man, it was dark and spooky in the woods! I felt like I should have had my headlamp on for the first 15 minutes or so, even though in theory it should have been plenty light at that time of the morning. But on the bright side, I did have on a new pair of Inov-8 Roclite 315s, sent to me by Maine Running Company after a long back-order, and so my steps, while splashing through the puddles, were nice and springy!

I had originally intended to run 8 miles, but as it was pouring and I was soaked, I made the decision to cut 2 miles off today's run and tack them onto tomorrow's run instead. At this point in my training, I don't think splitting the miles up is going to make too big of a difference in how I run the marathon. So, 6 miles it was, and then home to take a warm shower and have a big cup of coffee!

No comments: