Friday, October 17, 2008

Almost Time

Packing is stressful. And when it's packing for a marathon, sheesh! But I think we got it all, and a gazillion extra clothes too :-)

We're headed up to Bar Harbor tomorrow morning. The plan is to stop and pick up our packets, do a short run, grab some lunch, maybe drive the course again (just to torture ourselves), meet up with my parents at some point, and then get ourselves to the pasta dinner to carbo-load and talk running with all the other crazy runners, Jamie included. Should be fun!

I'm getting a bit nervous for the race, but I suppose that's normal. I really am just looking for 8am on Sunday morning to arrive so I can take off running (in a focused but relaxed manner, of course) and get on with it! Now if I can only keep "Separate Ways" or "Heat of the Moment" out of my head during the race...

1 comment:

R. Ian Parlin said...

Run fast, and run far away from the music.