Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yeah Blake!

Congratulations Blake! Blake ran an awesome Olympic marathon yesterday, placing 27th as the only American woman to finish the race. NBC actually had decent coverage of the event, although we were bummed that they cut over to swimming approx. 45 seconds before Blake would have crossed the finish line. Regardless, it was a fun race to watch, and we're totally proud of Blake!

In much slower and less glamorous running news, Snowman and I got in a late afternoon run in the Commons today. We spent the morning on the couch, watching Olympics and feeling very tired. I definitely could have remained couch-bound, but Snowman motivated around 3pm and we got up and out. It actually felt like August - warm and a bit humid - but we had a good run in the woods, with me setting a relatively quick (for us!) pace. Sometimes when I'm tired, I just figure I might as well run quickly to get it over with! About 1 mile from the finish, Snowman got stung by a bee right by his ankle. Poor guy! It swelled up but he was able to finish up the run. Hopefully the baking soda paste I made for him helped a bit.

We're off to NH in a bit, to drop off one car at Grafton Notch and stay up in the Glen in preparation for an early start for our Mahoosuc Notch hike tomorrow. Should be fun (or at least interesting!).

No comments: