Thursday, August 7, 2008

Long Day

It's been a long day. I was on the road up to work at 5:30am. Summers are a bit crazy at work, as we hang a new show pretty much every month. This means we either meet up at the gallery early, or stay late. This month it was meet early. So, 6:00am it was. But we did get the place looking pretty nice and there are some great paintings up on the walls. Still, it's a tiring process... and after 4 hours of hanging the show, we opened the doors and the place was nuts all day long. Rainy days are like that.

I did however manage to motivate to get out for a 5-mile run right after work, hitting the Commons at 6:30pm. The motivation was in equal parts fueled by the fact that Snowman got out for a 12 mile run with friends this morning and in part by the fact that I feel the definite need to get in some mileage for this whole marathon training thing :-)

Skies were overcast, and it was a bit misty. I felt quite creaky and unenergized when I started, but loosened up a bit and enjoyed the quiet of the darkening woods. Anyway, after a 12 hour work day and an evening run, which I've never been good at, I'm feeling pretty worn out.... time for bed.... zzzzzz.....

No comments: