Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Feels like Fall!

After getting Snowman out the door to head to work in NH, I embarked upon my list of errands and chores. Since I worked Sunday, I had today off instead. Unfortunately, Snowman had to work, but it left me with a day to get things done. I paid bills, went to the transfer station with the recycling, dropped off dry cleaning, hit the pet store and the drug store. I cleaned the house and did some laundry. I did some organizing of paperwork that needed to be done. In short, all those silly little tasks that are easy to put off, but that just need to be done.

In between all this, I managed to get in a nice, easy 5 mile run in the Commons. It was bright and sunny out with a good breeze blowing. The air was crisp and cool. It felt a bit like fall. Woohoo! Fall is my favorite season. The bugs are gone, it's typically bright and sunny, there's not much humidity, the air is cool at night but warm during the day. What a great time of year. And amazingly, that time is upon us.

I definitely felt tired during the run, but I kept the pace mellow and just enjoyed being out in the woods. I figured getting some blood flowing through my tight legs would be a good thing. Besides, it was nice to not have to rush out of bed to run before work, but to enjoy a good run mid-morning.

And now, with my chores done and run complete, I have the rest of the afternoon to sit and relax. Can't complain about that!

No comments: