Saturday, August 9, 2008

End of the Week

I left work early yesterday to head over to my aunt Susie's house for dinner. My grandmother is staying there, and my cousin Sean, Marisa and baby Owen were coming in from Colorado for a visit. But, of course, as is usual these days with the airlines, they were delayed. While we were waiting, we all sat around, drinking wine and chatting, getting caught up on things. Amazing how we're only less than an hour away but don't have a chance to do this more often! We were just about to give up on the cousins and sit down to dinner at 8:30pm when they showed up in the doorway. Owen was all smiles, and seems to be a very happy baby. He also looks exactly like his dad! Sean and Marisa looked great, and it was fun to see them.

I stayed for another hour or so before I began the windy, backroads way home, and finally got into bed around 11pm. What I really wanted this morning was to keep sleeping, but I got up and out for an easy 4-miler in preparation for tomorrow's Bradbury Breaker. Those of us who have signed up for the race got an email from Ian, the race director, yesterday. He said the course was pretty dry when they ran it on Thursday night. In my email back to him, I said I was surprised the course was so dry given all the rain we've been having. His reply was that the course was so hilly, all the rain had just funneled off the trails! Gotta love it :-)

I end the week with 20 miles of running, once again not the world's greatest total, but when you add in our 19.9 mile day of hiking/running along the water logged AT on Monday, the total starts to look a bit more respectable.

No comments: