Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Raymond Road

I guess Raymond Road is turning into one of my "regular" running routes. This is the third time this month I've run it. Sort of frightening, but in a good way, that an 8-mile loop is turning out to be a "regular" run, but I guess that's what happens when you're training for a marathon. The funny thing is that I've also managed to consistently run 1:07:something each time I've run this route. Who knows? But as Snowman always says, I seem to just have one pace, so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised at this.

Anyway, after sleeping in yesterday and taking the day off from running, and going to bed early yet again last night, I'm feeling a bit less tired. Amazing how doing one long run tires me out! How do all you crazy (and I mean that in a good way, of course!) ultra runners do it? Jamie? Ian? I suppose it's all what your body gets used to. I also think it is much harder on the body to run a long run on the roads than on the trails. The next marathon is going to have to be a trail marathon! Perhaps the Stone Cat in 2009?! OK, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, I know... I still have to make it through MDI... but it's always fun to ponder the next adventure :-)

Flora and fauna notes for today: Saw 6 turkeys crossing the road on Raymond. Other than that, lots of sparrows flitting around, and a few of the maples are beginning to turn. Fall is on its way!

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Anyone can do it, just a matter of training for it. Just keep working up the mileage.

FWIW, the recovery is a bee-yatch, at least for me. Ian seems to be recovering a lot better than I am after the VT100.

You'll be primed and ready for MDI, no doubt. You're on a great track. And you'd love Stone Cat... the club that hosts it (GAC) is full of great folks.

Keep up the good work!

Sparkplug said...

Thanks Jamie. Hope the recovery is coming along! Somehow I'm sure you're going to kick butt in MDI regardless.
Are you running with the Trail Monsters tomorrow at Bradbury? Ryan and I will actually be home and not working, so I'm going to try to drag him out of bed so we can meet up for the run!