Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Spring...

Happy Spring! 🌷

Even though it's officially the first day of spring, there is a still a lot of snow on the ground around here and this morning's temperature was in the teens. Spring must still be on vacation ;)

Needless to say, it was a beautiful day and since I managed to shut off my alarm and go back to sleep for another 1 1/2 hours (oops!) and therefore didn't get in my morning run, I opted to leave work a little early and run down to the ocean this afternoon.

There was a bit of a breeze off the ocean but the sun was shining brightly and the birds were calling despite all the snow still covering the fields. I tried to push the pace a bit, given that this was essentially a flat as a pancake run, but my legs weren't quite in sync with my attempt at tempo ;) Still, I tried, and at least managed to keep things relatively brisk. A good way to welcome spring! Warm weather and dry trails, you can come anytime now :) (6.2 miles)

No comments: