Friday, March 30, 2018

Midweek

A down week this week, so things have been kind of mellow this week in terms of running, but otherwise we've been pretty busy! Monday night was Sam's end of season swim banquet. I feel I have earned my bonus points for sitting in the gym for an hour listening to awards being handed out ;) Ha. But in all seriousness, it was a great experience for Sam to be on the team this year and she really loved it and made some good friends. She is already looking forward to next season 😍

Tuesday morning, I got out early and it was cold enough that I decided to hit the trails out in the Cathance in the hopes of firm conditions. Snowpack was surprisingly solid if uneven. Beautiful pastel sky and four deer seen, gracefully loping across the fairway on hole #3 as I headed home. (6.0 miles)




That night we met up with my aunt Susie, cousin Sarah and her boyfriend Tom for a delicious indian food dinner. Such fun to catch up and we always are up for an excuse to go to Shere Punjab! Yum!


I was lazy on Wednesday morning and didn't get out, and then didn't sleep well that night, but dragged myself out of bed anyway on Thursday morning. It's a down week, yes, but that's no excuse. These miles aren't going to run themselves 😉 Wasn't feeling energetic enough to tackle the hills I had on my schedule so I swapped out my days and ran a nice mellow loop around Highland Green instead. Beautiful glowing sunrise on the horizon along the back side of the loop. (6.0 miles)


Friday morning dawned drizzly and 40 degrees. But hills it was nonetheless! However, I did sleep in and head out around 8:15 instead of going out in the dark and fog and rain at 5:15 😁 Even at 8:15, it was just plain old bleh out, and there was more traffic too. Bah. Oh well. I didn't quite have the umph I would have liked, but the hills were run and I got it done. (6.6 miles)

Off to MA for the weekend to celebrate Easter with Ryan's family. Hoping for at least a few patches of bare ground to run on tomorrow!

No comments: