Thursday, March 1, 2018

Inside and Out

Wednesday ended up being an indoor track evening. Ryan was snoring and Ronnie was awake and yowling in the middle of the night and I just didn't sleep well, so instead of getting up with the alarm at 4:00 am, I stayed in bed and decided I would take one night out of the three that I'm up at the Y this week for swim practice and run on the track.

It was such a nice, warm, sunny day and it is staying light so late now that I probably could have run outside, but I wasn't forward enough thinking for that, and had only packed my indoor clothes, so 65 laps and the Shalane Flanagan Morning Shakeout podcast it was :) Tried to push the pace in the final few miles a bit, or as much as I felt comfortable with the tight turns and other people walking/running around me, and hey, my watch actually was somehow tracking the mileage, which only happens about 30% of the time indoors and said I ran over 5 miles in my 65 laps, so I will take it! ;) (5.3 miles)

Caught the final few minutes of practice after my run and it was just so cute to look down and see Sam swimming with her friend in the pool, partnered up with their kickboards, chatting away :) Such fun to see how much she has enjoyed this swim season - it has been a great experience!


This morning, I decided I would head down to the river again. I just can't resist. So much better than running on black ice on the pavement in the dark. Conditions are variable, for sure, but it was *just* cold enough that the snow was packed enough to run on and with the Hillsounds, the ice isn't much of a problem. More bare ground today though, definitely. No ice pancakes to be seen on the river and more of a soft glow on the horizon at sunrise instead of brilliant oranges and pinks, but beautiful nonetheless. (5.3 miles)

No comments: