Friday, March 16, 2018

Blah

Wednesday was yet another snow day as we got about 12" out of the storm and snow was still falling through the morning hours. Sigh... Work opened late, so I got out for a short run in the daylight before getting Sam over to Amber's for the day and heading into the office to catch up on things. It was still snowing lightly, the roads were still being plowed, and the powerlines, although traveled by one snowmobile, were essentially just deep powder. It was a messy, snowy run. (5.0 miles)

Back to winter

I took Thursday off as I was planning to head over to Brad on Friday morning to meet Anne and Val for part of their run and to get in my long run. Unfortunately, those plans changed early in the morning when Sam called out to me that her stomach was hurting and then about 10 minutes later threw up all over her bed and the floor. Double sigh... We got her cleaned up and back to bed, only to have her up throwing up again a little while later. Gah. Finally about 6:00, she fell back to sleep and since I was up anyway, and knew I'd be staying home with her for the day while Ryan headed to work, I quickly changed into my running clothes and headed out for a few miles. The powerlines had seen a little bit more snowmobile traffic and were in OK shape, but up and over Mt. A. and then around the Heath simply had not seen enough people to pack things well. Conditions were meh at best. But on the plus side, I did get to see a gorgeous sunrise over the Heath and through the trees. (5.0 miles)

Pastel sunrise

Glow through the trees

Morning light

Thankfully Sam seems to have perked up a bit and is holding some food down, albeit only Cheerios, applesauce and Gatorade, so I'm hopeful this will pass quickly and not along to the rest of us! I've spent the morning doing laundry, opening the back door to let fresh air in, cleaning the house and sanitizing all surfaces in the hopes to fending whether it was off!! Ah, parenthood 😁

No comments: