Thursday, July 14, 2016

Mid-Week

While I often bemoan the fact when my alarm goes off at 4:00 am, the reality is that these early morning midweek runs are quite nice, once I'm out there ;) Another gorgeous morning on Wednesday. A bit warmer and muggier than on Tuesday but a lovely sky as the sun rose, with fluffy clouds above and a lavendar hue along the horizon as I ran down the powerlines.


Ran the Highland Green loop and tried the interval timer again, this time with a bit more success ;) I had changed it to 1:00 high/1:30 low, and started it off after the Suunto beeped 1 mile. Got in 10 repeats before hitting the 4 mile mark. I kept the 1:00 highs a fast pace, pushing, but not all out, with an attempt to lengthen my stride and open things up a bit. I don't know if it's the most useful of workouts, but I feel like my legs need to remember that they have another gear and this is a nice way to do that. Stopped to pick a few blueberries on the return trip along the powerlines and saw a deer along the back dirt road. A good 5 miles for the morning.

This morning, I didn't have to get out of bed quite as early as Sam and I are headed down to Biddeford Pool to meet up with a few old college friends and their families for a beach day. 6:00 am felt almost late ;)

As I ran along I felt tired, it was heavy and muggy, I felt slow, but oh! The milkweed, ferns and roses smelled heavenly. There were big, ripe blueberries at every turn, and a few patches of wonderfully sweet raspberries to pick too. Out along the end of the powerlines, there were dozens of wood lilies, their reddish orange blossoms rising up from amidst the green brush and blueberry bushes. So incredibly gorgeous. Ended up with a very sweaty 8 miles and now it's time to get ready for the beach!




No comments: