Friday, August 10, 2012

Swimming

There was a thunderstorm and rain last night, but it only seems to have made things worse in terms of the humidity. I felt like I was swimming through the low fog during my run this morning. The air felt heavy and soupy. All this humidity just puts a damper, literally and figuratively, on running for me - I am really really really looking forward to some nice crisp fall air - it makes such a difference!

I was running short on time (as always) so got in a shorter run than I had hoped, but better some than none. Managed 4 miles, running the short Highland Green loop with an extra loop up the road, onto the cart paths and along the edge of the heath to add in the additional mileage. As I ran up to the bog bridge along the heath by the beaver lodge, I scared up a fawn and her mama, and watched as they bounded off into the woods. Made me smile to see them. So at least the run had one bright spot :-)

I "need" another 7 miles to get to 30 this week. Not sure I'm going to manage to squeeze it in tomorrow, but I'll try!

No comments: