Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Second Verse, Same as the First

Ah! Fall! I can feel it coming. Last night, we had the windows open and there was a cold breeze floating through the house. Lovely. We all slept well, and Sam slept in again too, which was an added bonus. Both Ryan and I were up before her, which never happens! I had actually intended to run 11 miles this morning, with a plan of leaving at 7:00 am and having Ryan take Sam to daycare, but since Sam didn't wake up at her typical early morning hour, we ended up shuting off the alarm and enjoying a bit of extra sleep instead. Oh well. I have just come to accept that I have to juggle my runs with my desire to spend time with Sam. Since she was still asleep at 7:00, I didn't want to go out for my run and not see her until after work tonight. That was my choice. One that might conflict a bit with my running goals, but I think in the end I have my priorities straight, and I'll get in the miles another way.

So, after dropping Sam off at daycare, I scooted home and chose another scheduled run from my planner for the week. Another mini marathon pace run. Same route as last time. I was a bit more consistent this time around in the middle MP miles, hitting those in 7:48, 7:43 and 7:48. I felt pretty decent the whole time, and just focused on trying to maintain a solid effort.The cool, dry air definitely helped! When I have this workout on my schedule next, I know I'll have to run a route where I can run more than just 3 MP miles, but for now, I'm happy with how the morning's run went. And hopefully I'll get in those 11 miles tomorrow :-)

No comments: