Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cathance 10

I'm writing this from the tent at Recompence campground in Freeport, with Sam sleeping beside me and Ryan out for a night run. I got in my run this morning before we headed over here. I left around 7:30, as Ryan and Sam watched the men's Olympic marathon. It was foggy and misty, and what's new? Humid. I ran the regular 9 mile loop but added a fun little mile lollipop off the Ravine loop on the new trails across the stream. Deer flies were bad. The roots and bog bridges were slick from the rain and humidity. My hat had a constant drip from the saturated air. I was tired from four wake ups last night followed by a 5:45 start to the day, all courtesy of Sammy. Not ideal. But the loop was nice. I just wasn't moving quickly due to all of the reasons above. :) I did see a Scarlet Tananger in the Mt. A. Woods which was very cool, and a big group of about 30 swallows along Canam in the last mile. Also a tiny little red eft on the sidewalk. Don't know where he was going but I stopped and moved him off the walkway, making sure to put him down in the direction he had been going originally. I pulled up to the door 10.00 miles and 1:50 later, looking like I'd taken a bath somewhere - I was soaked!

I missed the big downpours at least although rain or sweat , it wouldn't have made a difference in how soaked I was today!!

We went to Freeport for lunch and a trip into LLBean before coming over to set up camp  luckily the rain stopped and it has only been a bit foggy and overcast.camping with a three year old is a lot of work but I think Sam has been having fun! More on the camping adventures tomorrow when I can get some photos up!!

No comments: