Monday, August 20, 2012

Shuffle

Shuffled through a short 3-miler this morning before heading to work. Normally I wouldn't be working on a Monday, but I switched things around so that I could take Friday off and go into daycare for their end of the summer party at noon and then hang out with Sam for the rest of the day after the party. Sam and I were up bright and early, so I got to spend a few hours with her before heading out for my run and then into work. I always feel a bit heartsick when I leave her at home with Ryan on days I have to work - not because I think she won't have a great time with Ryan, but because I am sad to miss out on the fun. I have to work, and we couldn't give her what we do without me doing so, but that doesn't make up for the time I miss with her. I wish there was a way around it, but oh well. Just gotta do what you have to do, and make the most of the time that is available. In any event, I had a great send-off this morning, with rounds of "love you" and kisses blown out the window at me as I walked out to the car. I love that she is old enough to do these sort of things now. So cute!

Speaking of cute, last night, we went down to South Freeport to have dinner at Harraseeket Lunch, a take-out seafood place right at the Freeport dock. Ryan was craving seafood, and it was such a gorgeous evening, we figured it would be fun to enjoy dinner outside. Sam wasn't as much interested in dinner as she was walking down to the dock to look at the boats. This girl loves water! And wants to go out in a boat. Uh oh. Neither Ryan or I are real water people. Where does she get this from? :-)

Taking in the view of the harbor from the deck at Harraseeket Lunch


On the way home, she was being silly and saying she didn't have fun at dinner. I love that she is trying to find her own sense of humor and tell "jokes." Ha. So, we were trying to get her to do thumbs up to say she had really had fun, which she has always done by putting up her two index fingers instead of her thumbs. Ryan was showing her how to put up her thumbs, and she said, "No, those aren't my thumbs!" For some reason, it just struck us both as funny. But in the end, she was able to actually do a real thumbs up. Feels like the end of an era! I have always loved her version of thumbs up. She is getting to be a big girl for sure!

No comments: