Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rainy 5

Well, after a good start to the week mileage-wise, and a decent marathon pace run on Wednesday, things sort of ground to a halt in the latter part of the week. Oh well. I guess I'll just take this week as a bit of a step-back week :-) Ha. I did get out this morning for 5 miles just as the rain started. It was a nice change from running in the heat! I ran along the powerlines and did the Homeplace loop. There were tons of bird flitting about - chickadees, sparrows, goldfinch, house finch and what I think was a yellow warbler, although I only got a quick glance. The blackberries along the trail were still abundant and sweet, so I stopped to pick a few along the way. Mellow pace, but a nice way to start off the day before heading into work.

2 comments:

Annie said...

At least you got in a mellow pace...I could only manage a sloggish pace. :)

Sparkplug said...

Oh, don't you worry, I've been having my share of slogs :-)

I like that you tried to channel all sorts of fun positive energy and memories during your slog - good thinking!!