Saturday, August 27, 2011

Soupy

If yesterday was foggy, today was soupy. I headed out around 7:30 for a run, straight out into heavy, oppressive low-lying pea soup conditions. Blech. Combine the conditions with my lingering stuffiness, and I found it hard to breathe. I ended up running a version of our regular Highland Green loop, with a little lollypop on the Cathance trails down to the river and around the vernal pool thrown in the middle. The trails were a nice change of pace, and it appears they've been out brushing back the overgrowth, so once the hurricane has passed, I'm definitely going to plan to hit those trails again! They really are fun to run on, as long as they aren't totally overgrown. Got in 5.5, bringing the weekly total to 35 even. Not the 40 I was hoping for, but not all that bad, considering.

I had planned on 20 for tomorrow, but hmmm... there's this hurricane thing headed our way... so I don't know that any running is going to happen tomorrow. Hopefully the storm will pass through quickly, and I'll be able to get out on Monday instead.

Hoping everyone in Irene's path stays safe this weekend!

2 comments:

mindy said...

I am SO DONE with this humidity! I don't remember it being this humid last summer?? I'll be up in Brunswick tomorrow and Weds for an orientation, then Mon-Weds every week from 9-5. Can't wait to hit the trails with you hopefully after work (or before).

Sparkplug said...

Mindy, hope you guys have gotten power back! And good luck with the orientation this week. We should definitely meet up for a run once you settle into your schedule!! And I totally want to come down and run those Kennebunk trails with you - they look gorgeous!