Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cart Path Run

Decided I'd chance it tonight and run the cart paths at Highland Green, figuring odds were good that I wouldn't see anyone out so close to sunset on the course. I headed out at 7:00pm on the nose, noting that although there was a good breeze, the air was feeling much warmer and heavier than last night. For quite a while it was just me out there. Oh, well, me and the little porcupine I scared along hole #4. I saw him digging away in the grasses, and said, "Hi porcupine."Why? Well, because I'm dorky like that :-) Anyway, I didn't expect any sort of response, and was more than surprised when he jumped. Literally. Luckily, he settled right back down to his snack in the grass. I later found out that I'd have needed to touch him to have him release any of his quills (thanks Val!), but at the time, I was more than happy to be a few feet away from him!

I did end up coming upon two twosomes playing on holes #8 and #9, out enjoying the beautiful summer evening just like I was, I guess! Ooops. They didn't seem to mind though, and I sped past as quickly as I could. Although I had started the run feeling less than spry, I finished things off at a good clip and was happy to get in another 6 evening miles.

1 comment:

Scout said...

I love it! I'm dorky, too and always talk to the critters I encounter : ) Nice siting!