Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rainy Sunday

We started the day off with breakfast at our favorite breakfast spot, Broadway Deli. It seemed a good thing to do on a rainy Sunday, and who doesn't like pancakes?! (Or in Ryan's case, eggs.) Our next stop was Petco, during which Sam was a pro at driving the small shopping cart around, and had a blast loading her cart up full of all sorts of cat food for Ronnie and Gigi. I am not sure how much food she thought they needed! :-) Needless to say, I put a lot of those cans back!

Fun shopping

During Sam's nap, I headed out for my run in what was a light mist. Pretty much as soon as I left the complex, the light mist turned to a downpour. Well, that slightly damp shirt I started out in didn't matter much after a few minutes, at least :-) I ran the Highland Green loop, and was happy to have the middle three miles (the ones all on the roads) came in under 8:00/mile. I'll take it!

We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening hanging out with Nate, Shannon, Finley and Charlotte. The kids had a blast playing together, and it was nice for us adults to catch up. It seems like it's been ages! Shannon made a delicious sweet potato/lentil stew, and we finished off the meal with brownies and ice cream. Sam fully approved of the new Ben & Jerry's flavor I picked up - Boston Cream Pie. Yum :-) 

All in all, a pretty good way to spend a rainy Sunday, for sure!!

2 comments:

mindy said...

Perfect day all around! I love the earnest look on Sam's face as she tosses the catfood into the cart - such a great picture!

Sparkplug said...

Yes, she definitely had a plan for all those cans in mind. She was a very serious shopper!! :-)