Saturday, August 20, 2011

Morning Run

Although I had the best intentions of running bright and early before Sam woke up, it didn't happen. Surprise surprise :-) But honestly, Ryan should thank me. Otherwise he would have been up before 5:30am with Sam while I was out running! Instead, he slept while Sam and I got up for the day, and I ended up heading out for my run around 7:15. I decided to just run Highland Green, with a little added on to get my mileage to an even number for the week. The run was uneventful, but I did have a few good animal sightings - a brown hare hopped (bunny 'op 'op 'op!!) across my path near the ecology center, and I saw a Hairy Woodpecker pecking away at a dead tree in a marshy area plus a few Cedar Waxwings flitting over the powerlines. I felt pretty good, and although I was only out for 5.25 miles, I ended the run bathed in sweat - yet another humid August day. I am definitely looking forward to the crisp autumn days ahead!

Sam and Ryan surprised me up at work late in the afternoon, and Sam had fun entertaining the customers and racing around up and down the driveway out back before we headed across the street to Sarah's for pizza. It was a nice treat to be able to spend a little extra time with both of them on a Saturday!

No comments: