Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hat and Mat

I snuck in a quick 3 mile run this morning after dropping Sam off at daycare and getting up to work on time. I was in such a rush to get out the door that I didn't even run back upstairs to get my hat. I used to always run without a hat, but now I can't imagine why! The sweat was dripping right down into my eyes this morning, and the deerflies were buzzing right at my scalp. And while Ryan may laugh at how my blue hat coordinates with my blue shirts and blue Inov-8s, I much prefer to look the coordinated dorky runner than be blinded by my own sweat or bit in the head by deerflies. Back to the hat tomorrow!

Yesterday, Sam slept for the first time on a mat on the floor at daycare instead of in the pack n' play, and took a decent nap too. Hurray! Of course, when Ryan commented on this, Miss Sherry said, with a smile on her face, "I think it's just a fluke!" Gotta love that they know our child as well as we do :-) I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but Ryan is convinced there won't be a nap at all today. We shall see.

No comments: