Saturday, October 10, 2009

Samantha!


Welcome to the world little Sam! :-) We're so happy to have you here with us!!

Samantha arrived at 9:16 am on October 9, 2009, weighing in at 6 lb 2.9 oz and 20" long. Despite being nervous for the scheduled c-section due to her breech position, she arrived happy and healthy, albeit a little blue from being smooshed in my belly in that frank breech position for such a long time :-) She has been eating, pooping and sleeping well, and keeping us amused with her funny little expressions. I am recovering well, and Ryan is settling into his role as diaper changer, swaddler and dad as if he was a natural!!

Although the "traditional"10th anniversary gift is something tin or aluminum, why not just skip the boring stuff and go right to having a baby for your 10th?! So, on that note, happy 10th anniversary to Ryan, my best friend. I'm looking forward to many more years of love, laughter, adventure, chaos and craziness together!

More photos of little Sam here.

4 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Awww, ain't that sweet. I know I'm repeating myself, but you guys are seriously going to be awesome parents. Look forward to meeting her!

sn0m8n said...

That's just the percocet talking.

pathfinder said...

congrats!!!! what a beauty....I know you are proud and happy

middle.professor said...

Woohoo! A little trail monster! Was that the most funnest blog post ever?