Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Beautiful Day, Rough Night

Yesterday morning, we headed over to Brunswick to the farmer's market on the town green. The farmer's market is one of the reasons we love this area. It is a vibrant community that supports things like the farmer's market, and being able to talk with the farmers and producers and get local, fresh produce that was just picked it such a great thing! Yum. Of course, I dressed Sam in her "Let's Go to the Farm" hat from Krisser :-) Couldn't resist!


Sam at the farmer's market

We then headed up Maine Street towards Bowdoin, stopping to pick up cups of coffee along the way. It was a nice morning, and so good to be out. Campus was, as usual, looking gorgeous with the foliage and fallen leaves. We walked around the quad, and got a few pictures. Couldn't miss out on getting Sam in front of Mass Hall!


Can you see the baby? :-)



Happy with coffee in hand

Of course, after such an idyllic morning, last night did not go so well. There was lots of inconsolable crying. And little sleeping. I finally sent Ryan to bed around midnight, and let him sleep into the morning hours. He reciprocated this morning by watching Sam while I took a nice nap after breakfast. Hopefully tonight will go a bit better!

3 comments:

Scout said...

You do look so happy with your coffee! Those rough nights become fond memories (eventually!). Hang in there.

pathfinder said...

Val's right, there is a settling in period for parents and child. Things will be OK once little Sam has taken complete control of the house hold .....Justkidding HEHE.
I my case, I was happy to accomodate and change my lifestyle for my children....I wouldn't change a thing and by the way, I had 5 kids.....yeah..I'm crazy huh?
I say enjoy every minute with Sam...it goes by so quickly.
My wife and I still enjoy all those great and not so great times as we reminisce.

kevin

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys! We're hanging in there and Pathfinder, I think she rules the household already :-)